How To Get Highlights Using OBS
Getting highlights of your gameplay is easy.
Simply stream to Athenascope with OBS.
Unlike Twitch, no one will see your gameplay until Athenascope has auto-generated highlights.
Configure OBS to stream to Athenascope
- Click on "Stream"
- Set Stream Type to "Custom Streaming Server"
- Enter URL and Stream Key
- Click Apply
- Launch the game you want to get highlights of
- ALT + TAB back to OBS
Add a Game Capture Source
- Click on "+" in Sources
- Select "Game Capture"
Properties for Game Capture
- Select Mode "Capture any fullscreen application"
- Click OK
Check OBS preview shows game
If you see your game, you're ready to start streaming
If you see an empty black box, then we need to fix that:
- Remove the "Game Capture" source you just created (select Game Capture, click "-" to remove, then click "yes")
- Add a fresh "Game Capture" source (click on "+" to add, select "Game Capture", then click "OK")
- For "Mode", change it to "Capture specific window"
- For "Window", select your game (NOT your game' launcher)
- Does your game now fill the OBS preview? If yes, click "OK"
- If your game appears but does not fill the black box, then choose Edit > Transform > Fit to screen before clicking "OK"
If you'd like to monitor the status of your stream, simply login to Athenascope.com on your smart phone.