How To Get Highlights Using OBS
Getting highlights of your gameplay is easy.
Simply stream to Athenascope with OBS.
Unlike Twitch, no one will see your gameplay until Athenascope has
Configure OBS to stream to Athenascope
- Click on “Stream”.
- Set Stream Type to “Custom Streaming Server”.
- Enter URL and Stream Key.
- Click Apply
- Launch the game you want to get highlights of.
- Alt+Tab back to OBS.
Add a Game Capture Source
- Click on “+” in Sources.
- Select “Game Capture”.
Properties for Game Capture
- Select Mode “Capture any fullscreen application”.
- Click OK.
Check OBS preview shows game
If you see your game, you’re ready to start streaming.
If you see an empty black box, then we need to fix that:
- Remove the “Game Capture” source you just created (select Game
Capture, click “−” to remove, then click “yes”).
- Add a fresh “Game Capture” source (click on “+” to add, select
“Game Capture”, then click “OK”).
- For “Mode”, change it to “Capture specific window”.
- For “Window”, select your game (NOT your game’s launcher).
- Does your game now fill the OBS preview? If yes, click “OK”.
- If your game appears but does not fill the black box, then
choose Edit > Transform > Fit to screen before
If you’d like to monitor the status of your stream, simply login
to Athenascope.com on your smart phone.